Within four decades of proven existence, enjoyed good reputation for imparting education in Arts, Science and Commerce. It has well built infrastructure facility with a central library having about 30 thousand volumes of various subjects. The Laboratories are well equipped with latest instruments.
LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CENTRE
- Provide the Information to users . . .
- To increase the knowledge . . .
- To build up their career . . .
- To serve for the human life enrichment . . .
INFORMATION ABOUT LIBRARY
- Mission and Vision of Library
- Brief Information of the Library
- Various Collections of the Library
- Working Hours
- Library Staff
- Library Rules
To support to update users knowledge by all means, through different collection of information sources, to enter the competitive world with confidence, to serve for the development of human society.
Brief Information of the Library :
The library is situated at the left side of first floor of the main building having area 280 sq mts, having total seating capacity of 60 users at a time. The CCT cameras installed for the safety of library sources as well as users. The library resources will be developed, that it should be responsive and relevant to the changing needs in teaching and learning methodology, new research programmes and new disciplines.
The Library is partially automated by using Qualsoft Library management software. The touch screen computer is installed for OPAC to access the information sources of the library; the information resource section is to internet browsing for academic purpose to users. The library is a membership of N-List of INFLIBNET.
Online catalogue of the library can be accessed on the network.
Online catalogue facility is available to users on our website www.ssmargolcollege.org through OPAC.
Various Collections of the Library :
The library has over 29585 volumes, which is updated regularly by way of adding new information collections in the form of curricular books, reference books, periodicals, national and international journals, audio visual resources, CDs, educational videos, awarded and documentary films. The collection is procured by HKES, UGC, PLS, and donated sources. Book Bank Scheme for SC/ST students is available.
The collection is organized subject wise with Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) with guide labels to search required information document.
All the staff members and students of this college are eligible to become member of the library, can make use of library sources, others also can make use of library sources with the permission of the principal.
Working Hours :
The library is open on all working days from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. According to the users demand, the library will be open for extension period and holidays.
Library Staff :
The Library is headed by professional staff with one professional and a non- professional staff.
Library Rules :
The rules and regulations are not restrictions but to maintain the library in better way and provide the good service to the users.
- All the students have their identity card of this college while entering the library and make entry in the register.
- Borrower's tickets are not transferable.
- Users shall not engage unnecessary in audible conversation in any part of the library.
- Use of mobile phone is prohibited.
- Users shall not write upon, damage or mark of any sources of library.
- The users should check the books before borrowing to ensure that are not damaged, users are responsible for the damage at the time of returning the books, and they have to pay the fine according to the rules and regulations of this institution.
- The reference books, journals are to use in the library premises and can get photocopy of required information by payment.
The best practices to encourage users to make optimum use of library information sources. Our college library has best practices like, instituting best user award annually of each course, library orientation programme, library guides, display of useful information and new arrivals, suggestion register, library advisory committee of staff and students, internet facility, organizing literary competitions, career/employment services, conducting book exhibitions etc.
- Make best use of library information sources . . .
- Build up your personality and career . . .
- Enter with confidence to the competitive world . . .
- To serve the human society in a better way . . .
Chemistry lab is situated in the 1st floor i.e.just below the library building. Equipment worth of 5lakhs such as Digital ph meters, TDS meter , Auto titrator, UV-Visible spectrophotometer, Microwave oven, Highly sensitive digital balance Citizen make and Maphual furnace which can go up to a maximum temperature of 13000C with inter net facility.
Physics and Electronics Lab
Physics lab is situated in the ground floor and near to the principal chamber. Laser lab, GM counter, L B Photometer, Polarimeter, Spectrometer, Newtons rings apparatus, DC conductivity set up(two and four probe), LCD projector, OHP and internet facility.
Botany lab is situated in 1st floor at the center of the building. 25- Compound microscope, Microtome, Overhead projector, slide projector and inter net facility.
The computer laboratory with latest configuration PCs is spread over 2 different LANs. We also have a completely networked High Speed Internet Access equipped with multimedia facilities.
The faculty from the department is working hard to implement the latest office automation & Library Software.
College has two National Service Scheme (NSS) Units, one for PUC Section and one for Degree section. It aims at the overall development of the students and provides an opportunity to build up leadership quality, self confidence and service to mankind. In addition to regular activities, college regularly organizes two special camps annually probably in the month of October / November. The students are deputed to University, State Level as well as National level camps. The students who have participated in state level / National level will avail jobs in State Government & Central Government.
College has NCC unit for Boys attached to 36 Karnataka Battalion, Raichur. In take capacity is 40 per year. Cadets are taken to annual special camp. Cadets who have completed 2years + One special camp are eligible for taking 'B' Certificate examination. For getting admission to professional courses under NCC quota Students should posses NCC 'B' certificate. Cadets who have completed 3 years + Two special camp are eligible for taking 'C' Certificate examination. Plenty of job opportunities for 'C' certificate holders like in Karnataka Police Department/ Defense Services.
College encourages participation of students in various sports activities organized at different levels (taluka level dist level zonal level interuniversity and also university trials).
College has organized Karnataka University sports meet in the 1971-72 and also conducted kabbadi Gulbarga gone meet. The sports activity are undertaken under the leadership of our college Physical Director Dawood Merchant who represented Karnataka state volleyball team as well as shivaji University Kholapur.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Student||Event Particpated / Sports||Remarks|
|1.||Rizwan Azeem||Cricket||University Blue for continues 3 times|
|2.||Syed Mohsin||Volleyball||University Blue for continues 4 times|
|3.||Abdul Majeed||Volleyball||University Blue for continues 2 times|
|4.||Mohammed Imran||Volleyball||University blue for Once|
|5.||Md Imran Khan||Volleyball||University blue for Once|
|6.||Prabakhar||Cricket||University blue for Once|
|7.||Hanmanth||Cross Country||University blue for Once|
Government merit scholarships for the students belonging to category I, IIA, IIB, III, Merit scholarships and college / Management awards are given, details of which are notified on the notice board from time to time, as and when the notification are received from the government. The students are advised to see the notice board and contact the office for application forms and other details.
Awards for highest scorer in different subjects are instituted by the alumni of the college.
1) Cash Prize by Sri. Hanumanthrao Inginshetty for Highest Scorer in BA in memory of his mother late Smt. Nagamma Channappa Inganshetty.
2) Cash Prize by Dr. S.N.Patil for highest score in BSc in memory of his mother late Smt. Shivalingamma Nanasaheb Patil
3) Cash Prize by Dr. Shivanand. V. Ingaleshwar in memory of his mother Smt. Nandabai Veerappa Ingleshwar for highest score in B.Com
4) Cash Prize by Dr. G.R.Badiger for highest score in Chemistry.
5) Cash Prize by Sri. Anilkumar Koppalkar (in memory of his father Late Shri. Ramrao Koppalkar for highest score in Physics
6) Cash Prize by Sri. T. P. Mathapathi in memory of his father Late Shri. Parutayya Mathapathi for highest score in Zoology.
Canteen is situated nearly 300 meters from main building. Canteen service started since establishment of college by same vendee. Quality tea, coffee, Tiffin, Sweets and Snacks are being provided to students & staff in a reasonable rate. Lunch is also provided only on demand. Clean and hygienic atmosphere is maintained in & around canteen.